Geir-Arne Heiestad Borgestrand specializes in dispute resolution and general contract law with a particular focus on fabrication and supply contracts.
Geir-Arne has in recent years headed Glittertind’s Department of Energy and Industry, where he has mainly worked with dispute resolution and been a litigator in several major disputes within both construction and subsea fabrication contracts. He has previously worked as Head of Legal for Aker Solutions ASA’s business sectors Engineering and Subsea. Prior to that, he worked on civil dispute resolution within construction and finance at the law firm BA-HR DA.
Geir-Arne has extensive international experience within contract drafting, project support and dispute resolution related to major construction contracts. He has also worked with the establishment and follow-up of joint ventures in other countries and has cooperated extensively with international law firms in many regions.
Geir-Arne has organised many courses, both in Norway and internationally, within general contract law, compliance/business ethics, and project follow-up of dispute resolution.
He has also been ranked as Up & Coming in Finansavisen‘s lawyer survey over the last few years – most recently in 2022 in the Offshore and Oil Services category, and as «Next Generation Partner» in Legal 500.
- 2017 – Partner, Advokatfirmaet Glittertind AS
- 2012 – 2016 Vice President and Head of Legal, Aker Solutions ASA
- 2010 – 2012 Attorney-at-law, Aker Solutions ASA
- 2007 – 2010 Senior Associate/Associate, Advokatfirmaet BA-HR DA
- 2006 University of Oslo, Faculty of Law, Research assistant and editor of “Eurorett”
Membership | Post
- Member of the Norwegian Bar Association
- Secretary to the Board of Norwegian Oil and Energy Arbitration Association (http://www.noeaa.no)
- 2006 License to practice law
- 1999 – 2001 University of Oslo, Cand. Jur
- The Norwegian Navy’s Officers’ training school
- Grenseoverskridende byggetjenester : norske regler om kvalifikasjoner og utførelse i EØS-perspektiv – Oslo : Senter for europarett, Universitetet i Oslo : Universitetsforl., c2007. – IV, 165 s. (IUSEF ; nr. 49) Also as: 080532500. ISBN 978-82-15-01180-6 (h.)